Wednesday, November 19, 2014

ebb and flow

 Rebe making bread
Benny's trouser design
 Benny's trousers
 Joa's home, a picture he did at preschool. They have been talking about homes and family this week. The preschool have really embraced that our family has a different shape to the conventional family unit. They are really supporting us and Joa in this and I am so happy about that.

 Joa's Christmas card design: 2 jellyfish licking the jellyfish in the middle with 3 festive gifts floating above them.
 Rebe's tidied and reorganized room
 Benny and Joa's play corner in their room
work (or play)

This week I have really been feeling the ebb and flow of energy. This is normal enough for me anyway, but heightened due to the pregnancy. Some days I can re-organise and tidy half the house, bake and cook for a week and the next day I can hardly move and fall asleep several times during the day (whenever I sit down really). I'm learning to ride these waves of energy to enjoy it while it is there and to allow myself to rest and ask for help when I have nothing left to spare.

Today is more of a resting day, music playing, the heating on and my knitting on my lap.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, it's the same for me. My mood too!
    Your home is so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks mel, the hose is getting back to some kind of normal after the first trimester yuckiness and complete inability to do pretty much anything. it feels good! but i am learning to ride the waves of energy so much better now, perhaps i am just much kinder to myself than ever before? xx thinking of you xxx

      Delete