Tuesday, March 25, 2014

spring fever...

It's that time of year again when you can feel the sap rising and everywhere you look there are jobs to be done. I was starting to feel really fed up with the state of the house, especially having been sick for a few days again last week. The jobs have been piling up but I just haven't had the energy to do anything about it. But over the weekend spring fever hit and I rolled up my sleeves and started. The house is now clean(ish) but more excitingly I have a work room or dare I call it a studio!!!
 Since we moved to this house the kids have had their own playroom downstairs, but of late it just wasn't worth having anymore. I would tidy it, they would go in there and get everything back out again and then walk away leaving it in such a mess that there was no room to play in it anymore and  it would stay like that until I tidied it up again.
No more, I said to myself.
So on Saturday the kids and I moved the toys. Now Rebe and Benny have a corner of their room with age appropriate toys and books for them and Joa has the same in his room... and I moved all of my sewing and knitting things into the room downstairs...
 I now have a lovely, spacious bedroom and after 5 hours up to my elbows in yarn and fabric on Sunday I also have a work room,  with a sorted yarn stash...
 and a sorted fabric stash...
 I'm so excited about this space and have spent a few lovely hours in it the last few days finishing up this custom doll,
 and an extra set of knitted items I was requested to do.
 And now I feel good, the house is organised and a bit clean and the sun has been streaming through the windows.
Another job I ticked off my list this week was for everyone to have a hair cut...



 and the light, oh the golden spring light that is so beautiful after dinner that we just have to go out and enjoy it...




Has spring fever hit you?

5 comments:

  1. Yay that could have been me writing that apart from claiming a studio space... Watch this space!! Spring has sprung tra la la....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank goodness for spring, it feels like it's very needed at the moment, can't wait to hear what you've been up to :-)

      Delete
  2. Great studio! thinking of doing the same with our downstairs playroom too.
    Your custom order doll is beautiful - so many unique little details.
    Your kids look like they are having a blast with the dogs.
    Every spring a get a bought of crochet fever, I'm making a rag rug and bunting at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, crochet fever, I love that, the bunting sounds gorgeous. I am so excited about my studio, the light in it is wonderful and it's so nice to be able to go to bed without piles of work (and mess) staring me in the face!

      Delete
  3. Whoop, whoop for your studio, fantastic news! :-D
    About time too that you got some proper space, especially looking at the size of your stash. I'm sure we all will enjoy watching the fruits from it.
    I wish you many happy creative hours in your studio! :-)

    ReplyDelete