Friday, March 21, 2014

pay-what-you-can waldorf doll

I believe that all children should have access to beautiful, handmade, quality toys. In general I try to keep the prices of my dolls as low as I can. I usually charge around 100 euro/ £84/ $138 for a 16 inch waldrof doll. However I know that for some people this is still not affordable, so once in a while I make a pay-what-you-can doll.
This doll is a 16 inch waldorf doll. She is made of cotton interlock stuffed with clean carded sheep's wool. She has hand embroidered blue eyes and a wee mouth and her cheeks are blushed with a little red wax.
He hair is made of a gorgeous light brown/ dark blond mohair yarn that is knitted into a cap and then firmly stitched onto her head. Each strand of hair is then individually looped into the wig. Her hair is long and stylable and looks so very cute in plaits!
Her outfit is all green, this is my little tribute to the fact that I have now lived in Ireland for 10 years!!!
She has a gorgeous soft velour dress in a dark green. This closes at the back with a little snap fasten. Under this she is wearing bloomers in a beautiful organic teal jersey cotton. These are elasticated at the waist and legs so they are easy to get on and off.
To keep her warm she has a stripey cardi, pointed hat and socks. This is knitted from hand-spun, naturally dyed yarn from a shepherds co-operative in southern Germany. The cardi closes with a single wooden button.
If you would like to purchase her for a price that YOU can afford please send me a convo through my etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/ie/people/UnderRainbows?ref=si_pr) or stop by my facebook page and send me a message there (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Under-Rainbows/171652652869706) or you can send me an email laura.whalen@yahoo.ie.
 Tell me the amount you can pay for her and make sure that I have a way of contacting you.
 I will choose someone at random in the next week.
If I should choose you I will send you a message with a link to her reserved listing on etsy and you will have 24 hours to purchase her in full. If you do not she will be offered to the next person.
Please note that you will need to pay shipping costs, but I will ship to anywhere in the world.
 
Please also bare in mind that this is not a competition to win a cheap doll, I am genuinely trying to give someone who normally couldn't afford such a doll the chance of buying one, so if you really could afford a full priced doll, please be so gracious as to let someone else bid.



3 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and you are so generous. I hope she finds her way to the home she is meant for:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she's beautiful! Reminds me of a slightly more tame Pippi. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's very beautiful - and what a generous idea you have.

    ReplyDelete