Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beading

I was trying to have a quiet knit yesterday afternoon, something that is not always easy when you have an eager to help 2 year old. I wondered would Joa be old enough and dexterous enough to try beading so I got down our box of wooden beads, a big, blunt darning needle and a scrap of yarn and let him have a go.
 





He really enjoyed himself and sat quietly for a good while making himself a long string of brightly coloured wooden beads. Watching him quietly work reminded me of how quickly he is growing into a little boy! Oh how I love my curly headed wee man!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely boy, and you must be proud because see what he made. Wow I hope you will save the neckless and show him when he is a big boy.
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's a cutie alright, but then I'm bias ;-) I would have the necklace only he snapped it off, he'll just have to make more :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh Laura he takes my breath away- he is so beautiful!! Good idea about the beading, I'll bet my two year old would love that!
    Hugs, Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi mel, thanks :-) yes I'd say E would love it too :-)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful pictures, my children loved stringing beads when they were younger. :)

    ReplyDelete