Friday, August 31, 2012

a wee ash grove lad

I would like to introduce you to the last doll I made. He is a very sweet 16 inch waldorf doll. I made him as an exchange with my gorgeous friend Mel. Mel writes one of the most inspiring and beautiful blogs I have come across and we became friends a few years ago as we walked through the pregnancy of our last wee boys together.
She is a fabulous knitter and last year started knitting and wearing the most beautiful shawls. I love the idea of being wrapped in a shawl, handknitted with love and care. It must be like wearing a hug. So Mel is knitting me a shawl and I made this wee doll to go and join her and her family in their Ash Grove :-)

The high chair I am so in love with. It was a really special Birthday gift from a friend of mine. She secretly contacted my favourite wood worker and commissioned this gorgeous piece for me. Isn't it perfect beyond words!



P.S. I am always open for exchanges...so long as you don't mind waiting for a while my dolly list is rather long at the moment :-)

12 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I make anything you'd like, but we're all desperate for a *real* waldorf doll around here (and with a new baby due next April I think my boys would benefit from a baby of their own). I knit, crochet, spin, dye, and make peg gnomes. Anyway. I'm always around if you're ever interested. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh oh oh, yes I would be interested in some rainbow wool and there is also a cardi I would love knitted for myself that I spotted on Rav. You can email me if any of that takes your fancy...I love the idea of making a baby for the boys :-)

      Delete
    2. ach and I love your peg gnomes too, sorry I forgot my email address...laura.whalen@yahoo.ie hugs x

      Delete
  2. Wow!! I love that little man, he is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow his outfit is beautiful - especially the cardigan. I love making dolls but hate making their clothes. They never turn out as beautiful as yours has

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so special! I love his little outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely!! Loving the mad scientist hair! Gives him real character!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet dolly! I love his knitted socks and hat:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful doll, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, dear I am just thrilled! And so humbled and thankful for your kind words!
    I can't wait to wrap you up in the shawl. :)
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay :-) I am so glad you like him so much and I hope the wee ones will too :-) x x

      Delete