Sunday, May 13, 2012

mr man writing kit

On Saturday we were invited to the 4th Birthday of a little friend of ours.
He is a very clever little boy and is teaching himself to read and write by copying and writing Mr Men books. His mum tells me he writes loads of them, every day. It is definitely his activity of choice, so I thought I'd make him this Mr Man book writing kit:
 The idea is based on a pencil roll. I used a fat quarter of Mr Men cotton material.
 The two sides are held together with a little button
 Inside I put blank 'books' for him to write his stories on and some new felt tip pens...
I hope he finds it inspiring...and remembers me when he is a famous and rich author :-)

5 comments:

  1. Love it! My children adore Mr Men and would love something like this. Beex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bee, I got the fabric from ebay, but saw it on etsy too, if that's any help? x

      Delete
  2. Oh heavens Laura, this is so wonderful!!! I would love to know the little fellow's reaction to it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was very pleased, the party was busy for him, but his mama and daddy were delighted and thought he'd love it :-) x x

      Delete