Tuesday, May 1, 2012

bits of things...

Wow, it's been ages since I've posted. This is mostly because we have had visitors the last week and have been too busy enjoying ourselves. But here are a few bits of things:
Why we never have any yogurts past shopping day. I actually stopped him from taking a fifth yogurt out of the fridge and he got into such a rage he was actually shaking and then threw himself onto the ground and bawled for all his wee nearly-two year old life is worth.
Guess what day it is and what they are watching. I love this picture as I noticed that they are all wearing a variation of the same colours a deep royal blue and bright red. It made me think of the Sound of Music :-)
We've been getting lots of lovely presents. This special bag was made for Joa by a sweet friend of mine. It has dogs on it and Joa uses it to carry his special 'Dogger' around in.
Rebe's patchwork dress is really, really worse for wear now. She has worn it at least 3 times a week since I made it for her over a year ago. So I am trying to find a way to edge it out of the door. I thought I would make her a replacement dress. This too is up-cycled: an old polo neck t-shirt of Andy's. It took me about 20 mins to make and is comfy and the perfect length for her. She seems to like it too and has agreed that 'soon' we will wrap patchy up in tissue paper and put her on top of the cupboard.
I've been crafting some too. While my friend has been here I have been knitting lots of cardi's and booties that are for my May orders. I did finished this wee doll too and she is now on her way to the UK.
 New shoes: handmade, soft and comfy! love love love
 Another present that I am drooling over right now and dreaming of the time I have more time.
Friends, dear sweet little friends. N who came to visit with his mama could speak no English and my kids could speak no German, but by the end of the week they were all fluent in the essentials: No, Nein, Komm, Tschuss, Bye, Schau, Elefanten Kaka, Smelly Poo and Who Flung Dung... oh the universal joy of toilet talk :-)

4 comments:

  1. That doll is just too gorgeous. Love the dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shoes (I just ordered a red pair! Thanks for the link!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay for lovely handmade shoes, I could've ordered the orange with flowers and the purple too...if I was loaded I would've done! x x

      Delete