Saturday, June 12, 2010

quick update

No baby yet I'm afraid, but I thought I'd give a quick update. Hospital was really good yesterday, I was so pleasantly surprised!
Andy and I dropped the kids to a friend and got there about 10am. We were seen for a scan straight away. Baby doing great, saw a great picture of the ribs and spine and a lovely wee heart beating away hard. Lots of fluid around baby and baby had a full bladder. Got bp and urine checked all great there too and no waiting. I saw the registrar (I thought it was going to be a bit of a battle here), but he looked at my notes and said to come back at 40+12 (Wednesday) for a scan if nothing had happened by then. The word 'induction' was not mentioned!
All done in less than an hour, so Andy and I had a cake and coffee. Well, it'd be rude not to!
I'm feeling so much better now, I suppose I was quite stressed and worried by it all and didn't realise how much it was affecting me physically.
Also, my mum arrived in the evening...she almost didn't...but that's a long story...
We're thrilled to have her here, it's very exciting that she'll be here for the birth.
So come on baby Angel, we're really ready for you now!

3 comments:

  1. That's great, Laura! I find I often get a lot of anxiety about visits- especially when it comes to the hospital, and usually I am surprised how it goes. :)
    Come on, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful update. It sounds like everything is in place for this sweet wee one to arrive. Enjoy the time. Take care. epdeans@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Such good news. May it all be smooth sailing from here!

    ReplyDelete