Wednesday, May 26, 2010

a few works in progress

I thought that I share a few things that I'm making at the moment. I am steadily crossing off things from my 'to make' list. Although most things are grinding to a halt while I wait for more thread and felt to arrive in the post. So in the mean time I'm working on this... It's going to be a raglan style cardi for the wee one. I just love how the rainbow wool is knitting up. It's probably the most beautiful yarn I've knitted with so far, colour wise anyway. I will find a link to the pattern at some point, but I think it'll look really nice.

I'm trying to get the bulk of Benny's birthday things made now too. Although he won't be 2 until the 20th of June, I don't know how much time I'll have when the wee one is here, so I'd like to do most of it now.
I started his birthday crown this morning, and am pleased with it so far. Has to be snail themed of course!
Another one of his favourite things is a book called 'The Patchwork Cat'

So I thought that I'd knit him a patchwork cat of his own, I still need to make a tiny patchwork quilt for him and I've run out or both green and black embroidery thread for the features, so it's not finished. After discussing my idea with Rebe she begged for one too (but a yellow one of course) so I've made her one as her 'unbirthday present'. I made up the pattern and am pretty pleased at how they look.
Today we have been very busy, we're still doing a lot of cleaning. Playroom again today. I was getting a bit frustrated at how disorganised it had become, so we sorted everything out into their right baskets.
I think it makes a big difference to how they play. I also have a little, tiny thought that I may give birth in there so I wanted to make sure there was at least some floor space :-)


I also made another batch of Melanie's amazing laundry detergent. I love this stuff it's so economical and works so brilliantly, plus good for sensitive skin and the environment...how can you go wrong! I've also done a bit of cooking for the freezer today.
Luckily the kids were entertained all morning by a man painting the house next door
They watched and chatted with him for ages, he was very sweet with them and didn't mind in the least. Rebe even drew him a picture of himself which he was delighted with!
Now I'm going to put my feet up for a while, I've promised to read Rebe the Winnie the Pooh story where he rescues piglet.

2 comments:

  1. What sweet little ones you have, Laura!
    I am so glad that you like the laundry soap!
    I love the rainbow yarn you are working with- I can't wait to see the finished sweater. I also love the things you are making for Benny for his birthday- what a lucky boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie, I passed on the recipe to 2 other mummies today ;-)
    That bleedin' sweater, although I love the yarn so much I can't seem to concentrate on it and have had to rip out various bits what, 5 times now grrr!

    ReplyDelete